Savoy Truffle only uses top quality water based stains for its furniture. The colour stains that we use reflect the look and feel of the furniture and we have been using the same stains from the same manufacturer for over 10 years.
We are pleased to offer a variety of colour options and also combinations of the colours.
The photos below are an example of how the different colour stains will look. These are photos taken in different lighting, some in our customers homes but give you an idea of how the colours will be. These are a guide! Look at the info on each colour tone.
Please remember that each piece of timber is unique (has grains, contrasts, knots etc) and will pick out the tone of the stain in varying degrees.
Our Gallery and Facebook page have over a thousand photos showing you orders that have been made so if you are still unsure which colour to choose, our these additional photos might help you!
Items that have our clear, matt sealant will have a slightly "harder", very subtle glassy look overall compared to an unsealed piece of furniture.
It's not reliable to try to match an existing colour on another manufacturers piece of furniture that you already have in your home with another stain colour - it never works as timber can be different/age of timber/stains used by another manufacturer, country of origin of manufacture or timber etc
HINT: So try to blend with an existing tone that you already have or look for a complementary tone in one of our wood stains.
So your expectations match ours, don't forget to see our "What is Rustic" section: https://www.savoytruffle.com.au/pages/what-to-expect
We use the same quality, heavy duty grade type of Pine from the same supplier for all of our products.
EXAMPLE colour stains (without any sealant added), left to right:
Double Limed White, Hickory, Rustic Grey, Jarrah, Walnut, Coco Black. Maple had a holiday when we made this colour board, so for Maple please see below...!
1. Rustic Grey - a clean, contemporary grey/brown colour. Neutral. Modern. Grey based tones.
2. Double Limed White Wash - a bright, dense, clean, airy white. Beachy, modern. Very bright white.
3. Walnut - a warm brown/dull reddish stain which shows the contrast and uniqueness of the grain beautifully. Earthy tones.
4. Coco Black - a very stylish clean brown black tone. Smart and contemporary. A very elegant colour especially when coupled with Double Limed White. Think dark chocolate. Deep brown black tones.
5. Jarrah - more red/mahogany tones than brown and a very strong colour. Bold and intense. Traditional and similar to old wooden floors. Rich red tones.
6. Maple - a yellow/brown, very autumnal and classic. Maple syrup, right? Rich ochre tones.
7. Hickory - a more natural timber colour with a touch of smokiness. Clean and smart. Tones of smoked yellow/beige.